So often we try to make other people feel better by minimizing their pain, by telling them that it will get better (which it will) or that there are worse things in the world (which there are). But that’s not what I actually needed. What I actually needed was for someone to tell me that it hurt because it mattered.
I have found this very useful to think about over the years, and I find that it is a lot easier and more bearable to be sad when you aren’t constantly berating yourself for being sad.
i want to sleep for 2 years and wake up with a degree, an apartment and money in the bank.
May you have enough money to pay your bills this month with a little extra left over for a bit of fun.
This is one of the nicest things to wish for someone
I wonder if I ever caught someones attention. Even if I was just walking among the crowd, I wonder if they wanted to get to know me or anything like that.
Trust the vibe you get from people. If it’s bad vibe fuck em, if it’s a good one keep those people close to ya. Good vibes make a good life.
they say distance means so little
when someone means so much
because when the touch of a nose
turns into a kiss,
and every time you shower
you take turns standing under the water
pretending it’s rain
connecting your bodies with pure bliss,
when fucking turns into loving,
and crying to laughing,
when time stops
every time you’re with them
and the world continuously spins
as you are lost in your own
dimension of time,
that this whole time
you’ve been falling,
falling into someone else’s world
into their space and time
falling while no one is there to catch you
in the end
people are not
who you build them up to be
when you love the city
and they love the sea,
(wouldn’t san francisco be the perfect place to be?)
while you are caught up
in your own mind
as the gaping distance between
you and your lover grows
and you finally see
that they are not
who you envisioned them as
and distance really means so much
when you know so little
about the person you love
How the Logic of "Friendzoning" Would Work If Applied in Other Instances:
- *Man walks into a store and finds employee*
- Man: Alright, I've had enough. Why haven't you guys hired me?!
- Employee: Uh...well sir, when did you put in your application?
- Man: I never filled out an application.
- Employee: Well sir, we can't consider you for employment if you've never filled out an application.
- Man: No, that's bullshit, because I've been coming here for years now, and every single time I tell you all how much I love this store and how much I appreciate your customer service, unlike some of your other customers might I add!
- Employee: Well, but that doesn't-
- Man: AND I even told you that I didn't have a job!
- Employee: But sir, that doesn't indicate to us that you would like a job at our store. And again, if you've never filled out an application, we can't consider you. Besides, we're not hiring.
- Man: OH! Not hiring, HA! What a laugh. I see your store go through seasonal workers all the time. They come and go like nothing, but you won't consider me as a part-time employee even though I KNOW you've been looking for workers to fill positions? That's insane!
- Employee: Sir, we've been looking to hire a few people for management positions. Do you have any management experience?
- Man: Well no, but what does that matter?
- Employee: ...Well sir, that's what we're looking for. You won't be suitable for the position without management experience.
- Man: Oh that's such a load of crap. You know, you'll be waiting around a long time for a manager if you don't lower your standards a little. Who cares if someone knows how to manage a store? I LOVE this store and I'm willing to work here, that's all that should matter to you.
- Employee: That...doesn't make any sense.
- Man: NO! I'm done. This is over. From now on, no more Mr. Nice Guy.
- Man: Fuck you, slut.